1. For those who haven’t read Killian yet, can you sum it up in one sentence?
A: It’s a different kind of fairytale.
2. What inspired you to write about fairies?
A: I have always been interested in fairies and fantastical worlds. This is the first of a few series I have in mind.
3. Killian has been out a few months, what are you working on now?
A: I’m finishing off edits on book 3 of my Blackrock series (Infinity & Always) as well as writing season 2 of Lupo Legacy and Book two of the Avalon series.
4. Killian is a fantasy novel, but you also write romance novels too. Is it difficult to transition between the two?
A: No it’s not difficult at all. I’ve written Killian in this world as well as a made up world, so it keeps the reader in the present time and allows me to stay true to the romance part as well.
5. Who is your favourite character you have ever written, and why?
A: I don’t like being asked this question lol it feels like I am being asked to pick one child over another. I love all my characters, honestly. I try to make them all different from each other but with both good and bad qualities. With Killian, I wanted him to be strong yet vulnerable, when it comes to himself, and believing in what he can do. So for now I’ll pick him.
6. What is your favourite book you have read so far in 2015?
A: Tricky question, I’ve about 100 books this year so far. But I love books that sweep me away into that world. I’m reading a fantasy series at the minute and I can’t put down, no housework getting done!
7. I noticed on your website that you attend a number of conventions, what’s it like going to these and what’s your favourite thing about them?
A: Conventions are a lot of fun, after the initial introductions that is (I’m a very quiet person). It’s great to meet fellow writers and become friends with new people. Also meeting readers who know your work is nice and being able to discuss the story with them and hear their views on it. But also at the same time it can be a little intimidating and make you feel like a car salesman lol My next stop is ARC New Orleans from July 30th- Aug 2nd.
Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview, is there anything you’d like to say to finish us off?
A: Thank you for the interview. I love hearing from readers so feel free to contact me on my Fabcebook page or website.